Custom fields allow you to leave extra notes about your customers so that your agents have detailed information and complete customer context before they begin communicating with them.
Custom fields help your agents understand the full picture quickly so they can respond faster to your customers.
Create a Custom Field:
1. From the top navigation bar go to the Messages tab.
2. From the left side menu go to Custom Fields.
3. Click on the ‘Add Custom Field’ button on the top right hand corner.
4. Name your Custom Field, and select the type of information you would like to incorporate into the custom field.
5. To use custom fields open a ticket and go to the customer information section on the right hand side.
6. Scroll down to Custom Field and click ‘Add’. Select the custom fields you wish to appear in this customer’s information section.
Here are examples of how to use Custom Fields:
In this example I would like to know when the customer first contacted our company. To create this custom field I must give it a title and select the type of information associated with it, in this case date.
When I return to my tickets I can add this custom field to any customer’s information section and make note of the date that the customer first engaged with our company.
In this example, I want our agents to see whether or not they are dealing with a difficult customer. To create this custom field I give it a title and select the type of information, in this case Yes/No.
When I return to my tickets I can add this custom field, similar to the last one, to any customer’s information section. This makes the agents aware of what type of customer they are dealing with.
Got some questions about Custom Fields in ReplyManager? We'll be happy to help. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.